by Erick Wikum
In recent months, TrailMail has included safety articles covering the following topics:
- Keeping the trail free of debris (flick sticks off of the trail or call the Trail Hotline at (513) 212-6958 to report downed trees or other large hazards).
- Respecting the rights of all trail users, especially children.
- Being prepared for trail adventures by carrying sunscreen, water or sports drink and nutrition, identification and your mobile phone.
- Wearing a helmet, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for your head.
- Dealing with unexpected obstacles when biking by looking where you want to go rather than at what you want to avoid.
- Enjoying the trail safely during the winter season.
During last year’s survey of trail users, about half of respondents cited road intersections as a major concern. Next month’s TrailMail will include road crossing safety tips.